Lipodistrophy

I have mild Lipodistrophy, I'm currently taking Metformin to melt the fat acculmation, but it's not quite gone. What is the medical community doing about lipodistrophy. I'm constantly reading that "studies" need to happen or are currently on the way. I suppose there's no time line for this. Also, if I up the dose of the Metformin to 2 pills twice a day, will that help or hurt? Thanks for you time and for this informative site. V. SF

The jury is still out on use of metformin +/- a glitazide to minimize/reverse lipodystrophy. THere is still debate about the definition and the cause so studies are challenging in the setting of incomplete knowledge. There is alot of attention being paid to the issue (Meeting this week in San Diego on that issue (good reports from Jules Levin at www.NATAP.org). We are all frustrated with the situation. KH

Options are few!
Trizivir - Acid Reflux