Acid Reflux stopped w/ new 600mg Sustiva tablet..

For 3.5 yrs on sustiva capsules I battled w/ painful acid reflux every night. Since my meds were working I decided it was a sacrifice I was just going to have to deal with in order to achieve great lab reports. My HIV doc prescribed everything from prevacid to ranitadine to help sooth the side affects. Earlier this month he prescribed the 1 (600mg) sustiva tablet and ever since then the reflux has disapeared 100. I'm no longer in need of reflux pills but is it possible that the PLASTIC COATING on the capsules had anything to do with part of the digestive process that caused such discomfort?

Response from Dr. Boyle

It might have been some of the binders in the 200mg efavirenz capsules, but otherwise, I have no explanation.

alternative therapies
Treatment For Hemophiliac