alternative therapies

First Dr. Boyle, I honor your knowledge. I tho have seen proof of alternative therapies such as elizabeth Targs study of prayer for AIDs patients and it showed remarkable results http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9607/13/nfm/healing/ I myself feel it is vital to incorporate both science and alternatives as both are quite powerful when used properly. I myself have been HIV for over 13 years now and remain quite healthy even tho I have never used the HIV meds. I myself have been using herbs and also I am a Reiki practitioner and I truly wish science would study those resources as well as the drugs, Just my thoughts dear sir. Kim White

Response from Dr. Boyle

Even though I thought is was pretty clear, let me clarify my position. Regarding the therapies of which you speak, I am agnostic. My review of the literature does not indicate that many have been proven to be effective, and on the other hand, there are not many studies and few have been proven to be ineffective. I don't think it is unreasonable to use alternative therapies if you want to, but you need to be very careful regarding drug interactions, you should not let them interfere with your taking the medications that truly work (like antiretrovirals) and you should not let them break the bank.

change of medication
Acid Reflux stopped w/ new 600mg Sustiva tablet..