hiding places

dear dr boyle.i went to my dr for my three month check up. the results were great. my viral load on viracept and combivar was once again zero.my triglccerides were 397 the last time i seen him. but this time they were 197.i really haven,t changed my diet.however iv,e been praying to the virgin mary and jesus for a cure from them.i really think they are helping me, because it is strange how my tri,s have come down. i asked my dr if the medicines could only get to the the hiding places, would there then be a cure for hiv. what do you think? are the pharmasutical people working on this? and how or are we far away from acure? i also asked him if the meds we have today have any new things that scientests don,t know about today. do you think that by taking them for maybe some years the virus can be flushed out completely? remember that not to only a few years ago they found out that the drug cocktail kept the virus at a zero level. are they finding new discoveries every day on the the meds that are currently on the market today? thank you very much.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Triglycerides can vary a bit, especially if one is fasting and the other is nonfasting. Regardless, there is no doubt that mysterious things do occur that medicine has no explanation for and yours is as good as any. As far as the current medications resulting in a cure of HIV, that does not appear to be possible since the time to clear the reservoirs, even with complete viral suppression, is quite long (at least 60-70 years). Efforts are underway to find other ways to clear the reservoirs, and eventually a breakthrough will occur. In the meantime, take good care of yourself, take your medications and hang on. The cure will eventually be found!

Hemophiliac with HIV
change of medication