sustiva causing our break-up?

Hi! This is a very important question for me, and I haven't seen it answered before. I've been in a very serious, very long distance relationship with someone, for 1 1/2 yrs. We love each other very much and are totally loyal and committed to each other...Things have been difficult, but we've stayed together, and have talked about marriage, relocation, etc. Circumstances on both our lives have not allowed us to get together on a permanent basis yet, but there was talk about me going there in one month, staying a few days, and then back and relocating at least for the next year until we can come back to be with my family. He was switched to sustiva a few months ago, and wasn't able to sleep, vivid dreams, etc. Hasn't gone back to the doctor, but made a phone call, where he decided - during a conversation with the nurse - that he would take his pill earlier in the evening, instead of at bedtime. Now, he is able to sleep all night thru. He is dealing with his father's terminal illness and things are tough for him...however, this has put a huge strain on our already difficult situation. We talk in the evening, (there's usually a 1 1/2 hr. window where I can still access him like the guy I know and love), but any later and he's totally unlike himself. He becomes mean, sarcastic, irritable, and hurtful to where I just want to hang up the phone until we can have the next conversation for a few minutes the next morning, at my lunch hour. We are on a 3 hr. time difference, which doesn't help, either. He is usually a soft, lovable guy, but he becomes someone else. He is not a drinker, but he acts just like a drunk, when you can't talk to them. He has resistance to many drugs, and isn't crazy about going on viramune. I'm totally hating this. I want to help save this relationship, but I also have to worry about my own health and stress level. Being + myself. Sorry for the length of this note, but I'm wondering if you have ever heard of this and if you can offer any suggestions. To make matters worse, I do have guys asking me out, and sometimes I just want to run, but he means the world to me. Please, please, anything you can tell me will be helpful. Thank you for your time.

Sustiva +/- stress +/- difficulties with relationships can contribute to the behavior that you describe. Sustiva can be the primary culprit occasionally. A trial off Sustiva (nevirapine is a good drug, Rescriptor, abacavir, tenofovir, one of the PIs are all options depending on his past treatment history) would help settle that issue and may be worthwhile (1-3 months would be long enough). KH

Premerin how safe is it after a complete hysterectomy?
Prescribed Viramune and Combovir after Hepatitus