Sep 6, 2002
my last test for aids was last december and i was negative, but i have friends with aids and i been noticing some similarities i have like them. i'm a black male and my skin is getting very dark. is that a sign of aids if so how can i retain my natural skin color. what makes it darken?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have cared for hundreds of African-Americans or Africans with HIV/AIDS and darkening of the skin is not usually observed= not a sign of AIDS. Other medical problems (iron problems, hormonal) can be linked to skin darkening so I would advise seeing a good general doctor or dermatologist for an evaluation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Sex Can It Take To Find Out You Have Hiv?
- Statistics Of Hiv Among Gays Compared To Heterosexuals
- Nervous About Hiv Test During Pregnancy
- How Long Do Symptoms Of Aids Take To Show Up After Initial Infection?
- Per Act Risk Hiv Transmission Statistic
- When The Doctor Check Your Blood Can They See If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.