Should I have started Meds?

I have been Hiv + for 3 yrs.Until recently was on no meds. My viral load has never been over 20,000 and my cd4 are in the 500. My doctor has started me on med bedacuse of my low platlet counts(anemia). I am on Videx,viread and sustiva.What is your thought? I didnt feel i should have started meds yet, but doctor said that Hiv was causing the anemia and starting meds would resolve the issue. Do you agree? Also, I have only been on them a month if i did stop would that be a bad thing?

That depends partly on how low your platelet count was and how well the platelets responded to therapy. It is an option to stop meds again at some point though caution needs to be used when stopping the Sustiva (resistance can develop in that setting due to the long period Sustiva stays in the blood). A several month trial of therapy and then a discussion about the pros and cons of continuing is certainly reasonable. KH

Itchy bumps on legs: Prurigo Nodularis, Staphilococcum, allergic reaction or what ??
Long term side effects of Hiv Meds