Localized Rash under left Arm

About 3 months ago I changed my drug regiment to one that includes Abacavir, Epivir, Viread and Sustiva. I am currently expireancing a very irritated rash under my left arm. It has been there for about 1.5 months and is localized to that area. The rash consists of raised bumps and blisters as well as a painful generally-tight (sunburned) feeling. I have discontinued use of all deodorants under that arm, but there has been no improvement. My doctor has said that she has never encountered anyone that had such a localized-rash reaction to abacavir--and to wait and see if it goes away on it's own. However, knowing abacavir lists a rash as a potential side effect and my never having a rash before, I'm wondering if it is possible to have such a localized reaction to the drug. Other info: I have no swollen glands, antihistamines have had no affect, my doctor and I have tried antifungial creams and calamine lotion but neither have worked. What is it? could it be the Meds? or is it just a heat-rash?

From what you described I doubt that represents an abacavir hypersensitivity reaction but still could be a localized drug rash (Sustiva can cause that too) though quite atypical. I would have an HIV experienced dermatologist take a look at it if possible. The axillary region is often the site of very annoying and tough to pinpoint the cause rashes. KH

sustiva depression?
Loss of concentration