|rash from Sustiva all of a sudden...
Aug 30, 2002
Have taken Sustiva for a week, & now am only experiencing rash...today was raining, I walked more than usual outside, ...was wondering...what are all the factors that may affect this reaction? Food? Emotional state? Drinking water from fountain? etc??? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Henry
The rash from Sustiva is not fully understood but has not been linked to any of the factors you mention. The rash is a hypersensitivity reaction to the efavirenz itself. Often it is mild and can be treated through-your HIV doc should see the rash and discuss with you. KH
anabolic VS serostim
- Is Loose Stool An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
- Can PCR Test Result Show False Positive?
- Can You Get Aids From A Paper Cut?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.