PEP now Oral Ulcers??

Hi there. I'd really appreciate some input from an expert. The doctors in my town are not familiar with HIV. I seem to know more about it than they do after reading your wonderful site. About a week ago, I had unprotected receptive oral sex with a male. There was no ejaculation, although precum was present. The next morning after realizing what I had done, I go to the ER. I was administered Combivir and Virocept (Nelfinavir?), this was 20 hours after the 'incident'. After that each day felt like a living hell, Im tired, I get sick about an hour after every time I take my meds, and I have horrible headaches. Now I have an oral ulcer. Granted, I have gotten them before. But, I also know this could be a symptom of ARS. I have 2 questions. 1)Is it likely to develop ARS while on HIV treatment? If so, would my it be likely my only symptom would be oral ulcers? 2)Also, is it good that I did start PEP within 20 hours? Are the odds now in my favor, given my only exposue being oral sex (no ejac) and now PEP? I really appreciate the time you put into this site. I'd like to hear from an expert myself about what is going on. Thank You Scared Silly

The chances that you became infected from that single exposure are very low. Starting PEP within 20 hours is still effective. Stress or a side effect from the HIV meds is more likely the cause of the oral ulcer than HIV infection. KH

immune reconstitution syndrome related HSV Outbreak?
XMATE+HIV