Shortness of breath

I am on kaletra, zerit and viread. I take loperamide(b.i.d) because I believe kaletra gives me diarrhea(when I do not take loperamide-I have it). I also take acyclovir prophylactically 400mg per day. About three months ago, I was put on Androgel(1) as my testosterone level was low. My viral load is undetectable and my CD4's are around 750.

I have noticed at times now, that I feel it is somewhat difficult to breathe. We have had an unusually hot summer, so I tried to attribute it to that. I am unsure if this is asthma or a side effect of medication. I can breathe, and it does not appear to be getting worse, but it is somehat annoying.

Would an inhaler help something like this?

None of the HIV drugs that you are currently taking is associated with direct pulmonary problems. Zerit can be associated with lactic acidosis and trouble breathing can be a part of the spectrum of clinical manifestations. Cardiac problems, low blood counts, and other organ dysfunction can also cause trouble breathing so it is important to have a good general examination/evaluation to help narrow the possiblie cause. Bronchospasm/asthma occurs in the general population are rarely could be due toone of your HIV medicine but more likely due to some environmental exposure or infection. Heavy (high humidity) air with pollutants (such as the hot conditions much of the US has experienced with smog/breathing advisories) can cause that complaint. Again, a good general history and physical from your HIV doc would sort that out. KH

dating someone on meds-both positive-I get side effects?
how bad is it to do this???