Side effects of Combovir/Viramune what to expect?

hi, i have been looking for info about combovir w/ viramune but have not found much. I plan to begin that line of treatment the 19th and i am feeling some unexpected excitement about getting started. (My ID doctor's enthusiasm is rubbing of on me!) She strongly urged sustiva but i am afraid of the side effects. Since my VL is greater than 100K she steared away from Trizivear. So, we compromised on Combovir/Viramune. I was against Sustiva because of the potential side effects, there have been many queries regarding them. But what about Viramune? It's hard to find any info about it. What can i expect ie. common side effects? What to watch for? From what i understand Combovir/Viramune is a solid treatent for a first time treatment, though maybe not as solid as Combovir/Sustiva. What do you think of this treatment? Thank yu very much, d.

Combivir sounds like it would be a part of whatever regimen you might start so I will focus on the Viramune. The major issues with Viramune are a rash/hypersensitivity reaction during the first several weeks/months and liver irritation. Probably less than 10% of patients have to stop their Viramine due to those problems. For specific details about Viramune you might want to check the drug treatment section of this website or the Test Positvie Aware Network website (www.tpan.com). Good luck-that is a reasonable starting combination. KH

Medication induced insomnia
corticosteroids & oral thrush