neuropathy and lotus position?

For years I have been able to sit & lie down with my legs folded in the "lotus position." I now find that I can do this for only short periods. Otherwise the pain in my feet and legs is very sharp. Is this a sign of neuropathy?

Also, many times if I wake up in the night, my feet are very painful when walking. Same sensation when I wake up in the morning. But usually it doesn't last very long, unless I cross my legs or feet!

I am taking d4t, 3tc, & viramune. I suspect the d4t is causing this. Any ideas? Is Viread a good switch for me? My Tcells are 300 and & dDNA is undetectable.

This is my first time to take HIV meds (since Jan 2002 only) & I have a lot of options open, I think. Rob

The painful feet sound like neuropathy. The post-lotus paion could be a compression neuropathy still aggravated by underlying D drug related neuropathy. I would get evaluated for that and consider a switch off D4t to either AZT, Abacavir or tenofovir after discussing with your HIV specialist. KH

Molluscum C
Medication induced insomnia