AVASUCLAR NECROSIS

I was diagnosed with AVN of both hips. I have had one hip replacemnt and one to go.

Some say P.I.s cause this. I took P.I.s for 2 years.

My question is this. Have you ever heard of someone sueing the drug makers for this?

It seems that I took a drug, suffered unexpected side effects and am now physically damaged for the rest of my life.

Thank you

Response from Dr. Boyle

I don't think there is any evidence that PIs cause AVN and several small studies looking at this have not found them to be associated with AVN. Even if there were, however, I doubt that a suit against the PI manufacturers would succeed. All drugs have side effects and adverse events, some of which may be unknown initially by manufacturer, doctors and patients. Like all drugs you must weigh the benefits against possible detriments, and in many patients that balance is in favor of PI use, especially when they have low T cells and are non-nucleoside experienced.

level with me
Molluscum C