Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Re: Salivation

Dear Dr. Henry:

Just wanted to thank you for responding to my question. Neither my private MD (well known HIV specialist) nor Michelle Roland's PEP RN had heard of sialorrhea as a SE of PEP, and one of my colleagues had developed a parotitis as an early manifestation of his HIV. But the timing and progression seemed suspicious to me, and the nature of the saliva suggested some kind of osmotic effect, perhaps. Your response was reassuring both re: HIV but more importantly re: my own sanity.

I'd also like to thank you on behalf of my own patients, who have found your site invaluable.

Thank you for your feedback. KH

Twitching/MS connection..?
mistaken diagnosis