Excessive Salivation on PEP

I started combivir PEP 25 days ago. After about one week, I began to develop excessive salivation and mild submandibular swelling. This has gradually become more frenquent and intense. No other symptoms of salivary gland disease. Do you know of any cases in which combivir could cause salivation? Could this be a manifestation of early HIV infection? My initial test was negative and I have not had any other risky exposures in the last several years. I'm worried I may have contracted HIV!

I have had numerous patients who start HIV meds complain of that symptom-it is more likely due to the meds than HIV infection. When the meds are stopped usually the complaints diminish rapidly and you should soon be finished from the details provided in your note. KH

Parotid Glands
non-stop diarrhea