Aug 14, 2002
My parotids have been swollen for about three years now. Somedays you cant see my ears. I have been to everyone and they all say there is nothing that can be done. Do people without hiv get this condition? If so, why? What do they do?
| Response from Dr. Henry
A common cause of swollen parotids in HIV+ patients is a polycystic condition which can often be helped cosmetically with low dose radiation. A CT of the face/parotids is useful to determine the consistency of the parotid tissue and to document whether multiple cysts or other pathology is present. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.