DISTURBANCES IN SKIN SENSATION

Apologies for forwarding to you but I really need some help. In a recent reponse you answered "Persons with new onset HIV infection sometimes will get neurologic findings that include headache (meningitis like), pain syndrome (radiculopathy), and disturbances in skin sensation. Rarely would the symptoms mimic the distal neuropathy seen with more established HIV infection or due to drug effects. KH

Can you elaborate on 'disturbances in skin sensation'.

2 weeks Post exposure (intercourse with sex worker) I've experienced tenderness (or burning sensation) in left hand and at top arm, this then spread to include my left cheek which is now highly sensative to cold and I've even had sharp shooting pains up from my heels plus burning sensation on soles feet and toes and fingers. All sensations come and go and have been on-going for the last 15 weeks.

I tested negative (EIA 1&2) at week 15 and Doctors here in UK just say Stress. My wife wants another baby now and I have to be sure all OK before I can risk anything.

Many thanks I would really appreciate your input.

It would be highly unlikely that the symptoms you described would be due to HIV infection. KH

One-a-day medications side effects
Questsions about Cimetidine/Tagamet & VL