very painful swollen lymph node in groin

I've had a painful swollen lymph node in my groin for about 2 weeks. My doctor prescribed me bactrum, which didn't clear it up or help any! It is actually feeling worse..I was also prescribed ciprofloxacin (spelling?) by an emergency room dr. I've been on it for 1 day now...What should I do?? I had no idea that it could be HIV related! Need I be worried?

In the setting of known HIV infection a swollen node in the groin can be related to an infection in the genital or rectal area. A good examination and history with appropriate lab/blood tests is usual the first step in sorting that out. Your HIV specialist should be aware of the problem. If you are not HIV infected then an isolated swollen node in the groin is rarely the only sign for HIV infection since that is a common area for swelling from a variety of causes. KH

allergy to mosquito bites
One-a-day medications side effects