Another Parotid Question

I see alot about the relationship to the parotids to hiv itself(this includes swollen salivary gland as well)Here is my situation.After not getting far with my hiv provider he sent me to an ent that was not at all helpful, so now I am trying to find another one that is a little bit more knowledgable on the subject.The thing is when it is in relationship to hiv itself is the swelling bilateral or unilateral or doesn't matter? I am only affected on one side(slightly noticable swelling) BUT when I press on the glands in this region it causes pain.I can also feel lumpiness. I asked for a ct to be done, but the doc refused saying....he thought it was sicca and to just suck on lemon drops.Trust me lemon drops are Not the answer and besides it hurts!If it is something treatable I want to treat because it bothers me.I asked him about drainage and he said that makes more trouble?????So untill I find someone to accurately diagnose me what do you think,specifically that it is limited to one side....For the record my immune system is awesome at last check(ul and 925)but I did change around some drugs mid stream to offset some side effects and I won't see the new labs untill next week.Also, I NEVER have a fever, no infections, no fatigue and ton's of energy. However this parotid thing predates any switching of meds.The strangest part is although the pain near the ear with exerted pressure is always there the salivary gland does go up and down in size.Sometimes Really large other times not so large, but always visible.I'm wondering if he got half the diagnosis right and two seperate things are going on concurrently.....Thank you

I would ask a local AIDS service organization who they recommend as an AIDS friendly and knowedgeable ENT doc and try again. A CT scan should determine whether you have polycystic enlargement of the parotid gland which is treatable with low dose radiation if the problem persists. KH

Viread/ Nevirapine lypoatrophy?
last stages so soon...