interaction indinavir-buflomedil

Hi. My name is Edgardo Bottaro, I work with HIV-infected patients (I am a physician) and one of them said me that another doctor prebscribed him buflomedil. She receives indinavir since 4 years ago. I think that buflomedil is an unuseful drug, but I need give her another answer about interactions between indinavir and buflomedil. i could not find nothing about the interaction, do you know something about it? Thank you.

Buflomedil is not available to my knowledge in the US. It is a adrenergic agonists with some calcium channel blocker activity that is used for intermittent claudication and other indications. I don't know how it is metabolized since I could find nothing on it in US texts or perusing the web for pharmacokinetic studies. I would urge caution when combining with protease inhibitors in the absence of data evaluating any interaction. Sorry I could not be more helpful. KH

Stop Meds while having heart surgery?
Viread/ Nevirapine lypoatrophy?