|Can you help me?
Aug 4, 2002
I am a pregnant mother, and just found out I am hiv positive. I am starting meds tommorrow. I have a 13 yr old boy already.
Does taking meds really increase life expectancy, and do you know of any people who have had 15+ years? With a pretty much normal life? I want to plan to live instead of wait to die. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
I expect that a high percentage of my patients on therapy will live > 10-15 years. The meds do increase life expectancy many times with a good quality of life. A key part of that is to take your meds faithfully and to have a good HIV doc. Good luck. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Jock Itch A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Penis Discharge An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.