Parotid Gland Swelling?
Jul 28, 2002
Doctors, I have swelling just beneath the temple, directly in front of the ear. My doctor acts as if he has never seen this before. Is this the parotid gland? What are possible causes of this swelling? Do you think switching combos might be helpful? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Henry
For reasons that are unclear to me, polycystic enlargement of the parotid glands are more commone in HIV+ persons. Other conditions that can increase the size of the parotids can be seen (i.e. Sjrogens syndrome) of other conditions that can mimic that (lymph node enlargement). CT scans of the face and complete physical exams can help distinguish between those conditions. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Dry Cough Mean I Have Hiv?
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.