Trizivir side effects

I had very slow progress the last 18 years but finally hit below 500 on CDs and over 50K on viral load so decided to start meds at 55 years of age. I was advised that the Trizivir combo was the mildest and easiest available with the least physical side effects. It has been 7 weeks now and I still feel terrible - mild but persistent nausea, headaches and a general unwell feeling along with fatigue. On 2 occasions I developed small acne like spots on my face which resolved themselves in a couple of days. Is this normal progress? I would like to think I can look forward to feeling well sometime soon.

Trizivir is the simplest treatment currently available but still isn't for everyone. Persistent complaints such as you describe linger in at least 10% of patients and often necessitates a change in the combination. The AZT is the most likely culprit. Switching the AZT to D4T or tenofovir on a trial basis for a month often can sort that out. I would try putting up with those symptoms for just a while longer (2-4 weeks) before considering a change in regimen. Reglan/Marinol can help the nausea. Tylenol or Motrin can often help the headache. If you have fatigue you might check your hormone levels (testosterone/thyroid) and blood counts. KH

drug help!!
EXTREME LIPOATROPHY