Jul 22, 2002
Response from Dr. Henry
All three of those drugs inhibit the viral enzyme reverse transciptase which then prevents any new HIV from replicating. If taken faithfully and with no prior resistance presence, that combination usually can decrease viral replication to the point where it cannot be detected by routine test after several months. KH
Trizivir side effects
- When You Have Hiv When Do You Lose Your Appetite?
- Are Certain Blood Types More Likely To Get Hiv?
- People Who Spread Hiv With Infected Needles
- Hiv And Chapped Lips Or Saliva
- If You Catch Hiv In Its Early Stages Can It Be Cured?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.