HIV postive and exposure to sunlight
Jul 19, 2002
Hello, I was wondering if one is HIV postive, does exposure to sunlight become a problem
Response from Dr. Henry
Exposure to the sun is a problem whether one is HIV positive or not. In one weekend several years ago I had two AIDS patients die of metastatic melanoma. There is a concern that HIV infected persons may have an increased rate of skin cancer (not proven yet). Sun is fun but in moderation with judicious use of sun blockers. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Treat Vaginal Cysts?
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.