Jul 14, 2002
I saw a mention of the company working on a better forulation for the future.Does this mean there will somehow be an oral delivery system(pill)or is it just a fat of life that all entry inhibitors with always have to be administered sub q ?
| Response from Dr. Henry
For the near future T-20 will have to be injected twice daily. There is interest in depot or other forms of administration of T-20. T-1249 (another Trimeris/Roche fusion inhibitor) can be injected once daily. Several companies are working are oral fusion inhibitors. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.