oz and the melting witch

Great siteimagine a brick housecement and brick. Now imagine that the cement is melting and the bricks are starting to shiftNow imagine the chaos of the people living inside the house wondering what is going to happen to their house. This is what lypoatrophy feels likewhat is happening to my house. Is there anything happening in medical science which may reverse this- or should I get out of the house before it crumbles in on me-relocation is an option. Please helpthanks again,

John (Canada)

Well if there was a real wizard or even a good witch we should head off the yellow brick road to find him/her--I don't know of one in the lipodystrophy world. Lipodystrophy is getting very complicated with some drugs, HIV itself,, aging, and the immune system as well as genetics possibly playing a role. Since one can't change their genes or age or HIV status, one must consider such approaches as stopping medications, changing medication, intense attention to diet and exercise, diabetic medications, growth hormone,assessment of hormonal status, and possibly some alternative medications as possible options for different patients. Progress in the field is distressingly slow but alot of attention is being paid to this issue now. Many HIV specialist are well verse on those choices and can review your situation and perhaps help you find your rainbow. KH

Abcess/Boils after Switching to PI
Nobody can help and my cousin is dying!