Abcess/Boils after Switching to PI

Dear doctor, I was with NVP,AZT & 3TC for about 2 years before I became resistant to one of them which resulted in viral increament. Now I'm on to IND,d4t & dinex and it has been 3 months since I started. Well! I've once again started gaining weight but unfortunately lots of abcesses started to develop all over my body. Please explain me why. PPS: Could dinex be taken on once daily basis? Right now I'm taking 3 tablets (chewable)of 100gm. each at a time.

Tough situation. I would be interested to know if the abscesses have been cultured to look for staph infection, TB or atypical TB infections, etc. Indinavir can sometimes have quite an effect ont the skin. Sometimes patients develop fat deposits that resemble abscesses-you might benefit from seeing a dermatologist. Another thing that develops in some patients is that the develop acne like lesions from the return of more oil in their skins (responds to acne treatment in many cases). KH

aching muscles in my legs
oz and the melting witch