gynecomastia,hiv treatment

Hi! I have a simple question: Is there any relation between side effects of hiv med and gynecomastia? I'm 36 and I've been on treament for 5 years (4 years with Crix,Videx and Zerit). Since last feb I'm taking Sustiva,Ziagen and Videx ( CD4 500 and VL <50 ). I've noticed sweeling and pain in my nipples for more than a month. In Dec 01,I got dermatitis which I handle it with Nizoral and Desonide. I saw my doctor last week and she says that there is a hormonal disorder but she doesn't know what the reason is. I also have found that Nizoral might cause gynecomastia as well as sustiva. May I know your opinion about it? Thanks !

You have already noted several possible causes. Gynecomastia is seen in the setting of HIV infection with treatment. Some patients have hormonal abnormalities (increased prolactin, testosterone deficiency, etc). I have seen it with a variety of different HIV regimens so it has been hard to nail one particular drug as the key culprit. If persistent or worsening, consider a mammogram to assess the tissue. KH

lightheaded
Bloating with PI - Ultrase MT-20