consistant constipation constricion

I had been diagnosed with IBS a few years ago, but I think an IBS diagnose is bogus and an easy way for the Doctors to keep us coming in for more follow up visits. I have been severely constipated now for months, it is not medication related because I have changed meds a bunch of times and presently am on no HIV meds. The only relief I get is from enimas- coffee, plain water, lemons, but I don't consider that a good habbit to get dependent on. I often vomit from Psyllium drinks, and am afraid that they may absorb any medication that may still be in my stomache. Is there any truth to that? Senna has stopped working and Docusate Calcium just gives me cramps and severe diahrea for the entire day once it hits me. Any advice from the experts? Thanks so much for your time.

I assume you have seen an HIV friendly gastroenterologist? Avoiding calcium supplemts may help. Fibercon tablets, extra water, yogurt, fruit, vegetables and more exercise may each help some individuals. KH

less than perfect smile-not acceptable!
lightheaded