Jul 3, 2002
I understand that the new PI Tipranavir has been associated with some rather nasty side effects,mostly very loose stools and naussia. Are the reports over estimating the degree to which the side effects occur? Do you think we will be able to see this drug introduced with out the high level of side effects I mentioned earlier?
Response from Dr. Boyle
Tough to say. We'll have to wait for more data, but this drug will probably be used only in deep salvage and we will have to become adept at managing Tipranavir side effects in that population, as we have done before with other drugs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- Can You Get Hiv Eating Contaminated Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.