Joint Pain: Supplements and Possible Solutions

This forum has been incrediably helpful to me. Thank you. I very much would like to start working out with weights again. I haven't been able to since having PCP about a year ago. The joints in my fingers, hands and arms bother me. I've been using to supplements: Glucosamine Sulfate with MSM and Inflavonoid (Tumeric Rhizome, Ginger Rhizome, & Lemon Bioflavinoid Complex). I've also been taking Vioxx and sometimes taking Tylonel. Are the supplements safe with my meds (Sustiva,Epivir, Viread)? The Vioxx doesn't seam to be helping as much as I'd like. Is Celebrex different enough that it is worth a try? Is there anything else you'd recommend? I've just begun hand exercises and stretching. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Boyle

There is no evidence that any of the medications you are on should cause problems with your antiretrovirals. You can try Celebrex, but I'm not sure that there is any signficant difference between the 2. In addition, make sure that you eat a well balanced diet, and I think you should continue to do well.

PEP Side Effects
Tipranavir