Jun 28, 2002
my child infected.can i give polio vaccine to him.i already given smallpox etc.whether polio oral drops can be given to my child.his age 3yrs.i am not sure about live or attuanated vaccine. thank you
Response from Dr. Henry
Use of inactivated polio vaccine (IPV-e)given by injection is recommended-use of oral live polio vaccine is not recommended for HIV infected persons. KH
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Achy Balls After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Do Lesbians Protect Themselves From Stds?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.