|Low dose radiation
Jun 28, 2002
Dr. Henry, Can you tell me what the side effects of low dose radiation are in regards to treatment for parotid enlargement due to polycystic disease? Is this an IV treatment? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Low dose radiation is administered by a radiation oncologist at a hospital (the radiation is beamed=aimed at the target area). Low dose radiation may cause dryness of the mouth, a low grad burn on the skin, parotid dysfunction, and a low risk for cancer (though generally well tolerated). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Negative Elisa At 3 Months
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.