leptin

I've heard that some people lack this naturally occurring substance and it can relate to obesity.I'm wondering if the antivirals I take are reducing my leptin levels and is there a test I can take to find out?What is leptin anyway? An enzyme? Is there anything out there on supplementing with leptin to help with lipodystrophy?Thank you

Leptin is a protein codes for my the ob gene which is produced is fat cells and seems to influence body fat. Relatively new on the scene, the role of leptin in HIV lipodystrophy is under study. I am not aware of any safe intervention proven to positively impact leptin levels at the present time. If anyone knows any details of a proven approach please post. Leptin issues are being discussed in the setting of HIV associated lipodystrophy but answers are not yet in. KH

body swelling
PEP-aching muscles