Submandibular ups and downs

I've decided to agressively attack/treat all of my side effects(some hiv related, some med related,some probably not even related)rather than silently suffer day in and day out.I've agressively treated the disease,now it's time to agressively treat me!!!Which brings me to my question. I saw my id Doctor recently and we went over all my many complaints and how/what to do.One of the high on the list is swollen submands(stupid me is thinking they are parotids)I've already made the dental,and ent appointment and will even go to an otolaryngolist if neccesary.(I told you I'm being agressive and just won't accept the disfigurements anymore!!!)The thing with the subs (and sometimes sublingual swelling)is they are not evenly swollen and they go up and down in size(That's why my Dr.said don't neccesarily blame the hiv fo this malady.)They are located directly below some molars that really need attention.(I have to wait two weeks for the dental appointment)But besides them changing sizes throughout the day,they never totally go away just go from really big and distorting my whole chin line to just smaller.The weird thing is when I run and do really sweaty cardio they get really small.What does this sound like?Oh yeah, and my lips got really full and pouty(looks like I had collogen injections)they only thing I'm happy about!!The reason why I was blaming drugs is because we took me of a nuke for a short period(for an unrelated problem)and the glands went down very small after a week and stayed down(not completely gone)untill I restarted another nuke.Then the glands started the swelling again(about 2 weeks into the new nuke)That's why I was blaming the nuke,but no one thinks meds are to blame for this one.Finally,I read that alot of diabectic's experience this type of thing and considering how we(hiv+)share alot of same problems with the diabetic's,but some of us aren't really dibetic is there some cosmic relationship here?

For some patients nuke sparing regimens are a possibility--in your case that might be a consideration (depending on your past treatment history and resistance profile) given your observation. I have seen a few patients with your exact complaint that they linked to treatment as well. Have you had a CT scan to try and pinpoint the involvement (lymph nodes versus salivary glands). Sjogrens can cause that is some patients as can cystic disease of the salivary glands. It sounds like you are seeing the right specialists-good luck. KH

videx & joint pain in big toe
Off beat part 2