videx & joint pain in big toe

I have been exposed to HIV but so far have tested negative. Immediately following exposure a physician prescribed a cocktail for 30 days. I took Sustiva, Viread and Videx. One of the serious side effects listed on Videx is joint pain (especially in the big toe). Although I havent taken the drug for several weeks I have been experiencing joint pain in my left big toe. How serious is this? What is it? Any information or advice is appreciated.

Videx can cause an elevation in uric acid which can precipitate a gout attack. That is painful but usually not serious. If the Videx precipitated the attack then stopping the Videx (as you have done) is the first step towards preventing future attacks. Motrin or other NSAIDS is often helpful for the pain. You may want to see you primary care doc to check out other possibilities. KH

scary mornings
Submandibular ups and downs