neuropathy of the feet

Hello Dr.Henry I'm a former patient of yours and was hoping you could give me some advice. I am experiencing numbness and tingling and pain on my feet and halfway up my calves. my counts are 416 t-cells and V.L of 108. I am on Viread,Videx,Epivir. What can i do to make these symptoms go away besides taking extra medications? My Doctor already prescribed me Neurontin but its makes me nauseated.It gets so painfull sometimes i can't walk standing straight i walk slouching.Please help me.

Have you been evaluated by a neurologist to pinpoint the cause (most likely your HIV meds). Switching off the Videx and possibly the Epivir may be necessary. What you can switch depends on your past treatment history. Amitryptiline someetimes helps. Ca++, Mg+, co-enzyme Q, B vitamins, N-acetyl cysteine, L- carnitine have been reported to help some persons anecdotally (see Jon Kaiser's book Healing HIV for suggested doses). If you are stuck on your current regimen for whatever reason of nothing seems to help then a visit to a pain clinic is often very useful to utilizine the latest thinking in chronic pain management. KH

possible help for thinning of the face
Will the pain go away?