lesions on corner of mouth

I have been pos for at least 10 years. I am on crixivan,retonivir,d4t,sustivia! (seems like a lot to me!) I am doing well--cd4 is 1250. Viral load is undetectable. I have had what appears to be herpes lesions on the outside corner of my mouth for 5 months now! My Doc gave me acyclovir--however it has made absoutly no difference!! Whar can I do? Is it even herpes virus??. Also my skin and lips are very dry( always had soft skin!) Also my moustache and eyebrows have turned blonde(I dye them now!) I am convinced it is something more then herpes lesions as acyclovir does nothing to help!! Is there any other treatment for this?? Thanks John

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is tough to make a diagnosis of a skin problem without actually seeing it, but what you are describing sounds like angular cheilitis, a fungal infection that affects the angles of the mouth. You might try an antifungal cream and see if that helps. If it doesn't and you and your doctor are stumped, you should see a dermatologist.

triglycerides
possible help for thinning of the face