|HAART and Disturbing Dreams?
Jun 4, 2002
I started HAART for the first time 4 weeks ago and have been experiencing many nightmares at night. I'm taking Ziagen, Epivir, and Viracept. Could the nightmares be caused by these medications and will this subside?
Response from Dr. Henry
Little data exists on that specific combination. Various patients seem to get nightmares even on drugs (i.e. if on Sustiva then nightmares are common)not usually linked with them. Usually, but not always, dream/sleep disturbancs will diminish. Sometimes medications like trazadone or lorazepam are used short term to help. KH
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
- Can Someone Get Hiv From Swallowing Semen?
- How Many People Worldwide Are Infected With HIV Each Day?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.