New with HIV and learning

Hi Doc. I recently found out that I am HIV pos. So far Immune system hold pretty well and have not started meds. I have 2 questions. For several days have been feeling a burning feeling around stomach and chest area, also skin very sensative. Went to doc today said that I am most likly in beginning stage of Shingles. Research in med book says people with this had chichken pox as a child, which I did. What are the reasons for shingles? Does HIV have anything to do with this? Questions 2 is, how soon into the Virus sould a person be Genotyped?

Shingles (herpes zoster) is a reactivation of childhood herpes zoster. Shingles occurs more often with increasing age or immune suppression (hence the relationship to HIV infection).

In regions of the US or world with moderately high rates of transmission of drug resistant virus (i.e. > 5 %) then a baseline genotype may be a good idea (is costly and not absolutely proven to result in better long term outcomes). KH

Is 90 Days enough???
Why is CD4 not increasing inspite of viral load decreasing