timing of estrogen

I've decided to reintroduce tri cyclen to my regimen.This is NOT for contraception,but acne resistant to all other treatments(it cleared it before beautifully)and pms severe enough to warrant a self imposed "lock down",my question is since I also take viracept and sustiva(I know both affect estroidal)am I better off taking the drug with sustiva, with viracept or by itself? Will I even beenefit since viracept inhibits? I figured since sustiva raises it would wash the other out and make it neutral.Also, will my antivirals, immune system or liver enzymes be inpacted? I think I remember better cholesteral numbers when on the"pill".I've looked all over and can't find much information regarding any studies and I'm sure alot of women would be interested.

I am unaware of any published information the directly and exactly addresses your question. Use of Sustiva can increase the estrogen levels while Viracept can decrease. I don't know what happens if they are all used together. If you take the oral contraceptive for the treatment of acne then a good skin response would indicate adequate levels. If there is concern about the potency of your HIV regimen then obtaining trough levels of the nelfinavir and efavirenz several weeks after starting the oral contraceptives (and possibly several weeks before to compare) might be a reasonable option if that can be arranged. KH

Body smell associated with antiviral meds
nite sweats