allergies

Do antivirals control seasonal allergies? The reason I ask is I am on a dr santioned short term treatment interruption and two days after I discontinued I developed a scratchy throat(now gone)sneezing,grey watery eyes that burn and dark circles,all allergie syptoms. I sort of remember having these symptoms this time of the year in the past both before starting treatment and after treatment commenced, but I haven't had aproblem for a couple years then boom the "med holiday" and it hit me.Eye drops help, but the dark circles and slightly puffy eyes won't budge. Is there a relationship to lack of antivirals,a declining immune system(I'm not sheduled for my labs for another 9 days) or is this all a coincidence?

The symptoms you described have not been regularly observed among persons undergoing treatment interruptions. The return of HIV replication can be associated with non=specific symptoms (like the acute retroviral syndrome) which can overlap with allergy-like symptoms. Some HIV+ patients for react vigorously to insect bites which diminished on treatment and may flare up again if treatment is stopped which may be related to the phenomenon you described. I have seen many variant and sometimes opposite patterns between differing patients so I don't think there is a consistent effect of stopping HIV meds on allergic symptoms. KH

HIV meds & high blood pressure
Body smell associated with antiviral meds