HIV meds & high blood pressure

Dr. Henry, I was reading a question you answered regarding HIV meds, salty saliva, & high blood pressure (5/26/2000). That reader's situation is very similar to mine. I am also a GWM - 38 y.o.It's not my saliva which is salty, but my sweat. I taste it on my upper lip when working out. It is very salty. My blood pressure is also quite high.In past years it has always been fine. My cholesterol readings are however quite good. My meds in a 24 hour period are 2 Combivir, 2 Viramune, & 1 Remeron. Thanks for any insight you may give.

Elevated blood pressure has not been linked to the use of your current HIV regimen. Hypertension has been associated with Remeron in a small subset of patients taking it. As for the salty taste--dehydration can magnify the saltiness of sweat. Dehydration may be slightly more likely on Remeron. Taste disturbances which could magnify the salty taste are occasionally seen with HIV treatment and Remeron. You should discuss with your HIV doc and review the time course of your symptoms and the introduction of your current medications. KH

parotid selling treatment
allergies