parotid selling treatment

Would prednosine reduce parotid gland swelling in HIV polycystic disease? I know it works for salivary gland swelling in Sjogren's syndrome; although the swelling sometimes return. Thank you.

I haven't seen much published about the use of steroids for parotid cystic swelling in the setting of HIV disease. I would be concerned about an increased risk for osteopenia, aseptic necrosis of the hips, oral thrush, immune suppression etc so would be cautious about the use of steroids for any length of time (i.e. >4 weeks). Low dose radiation has often beeh helpful for a number of my patients with that condition. KH

If not antacids, what?
HIV meds & high blood pressure