If not antacids, what?

Dr. Henry:

On May 11 you stated that you did not recomend antacids to be used with meds, please, what do you suggest for severe heart burn when it occurs occasionally. I am on Combvir and Sustava. Thank you.

I am just concerned about actually taking the pills at the same time as the antacids. If separated by a number of hours that might be OK. Cimetidine or zanitidine are relatively inexpensive H2 blockers that can often be helpful for heart burn. Pepcid (famotidine) is also an option. Checking for H pylori disease and getting an evaluation for the heartburn complaints is also a good idea. KH

Some questions
parotid selling treatment