liver toxicity

I have problems of liver toxicity due to my medication of -azt-crixivan-videx. I am feeling fine so far but my blood tests shows problems of toxicity. Is there any treat- ment available to help detoxication? Thank you.

Liver problems can be due to a variety of causes. Viral hepatitis due to hepatitis B or C may be aggravated by antiretroviral therapy. Treatment for those forms of hepatitis is available. Use of alcohol or high doses of Tylenol (or some other medications) can irritate the liver. Obesity can cause some liver damage. HIV drugs can also aggravate these conditions or directly cause damage. Sometimes changing the medications around might help (but sometimes the new drugs may worsen the picture). There is no proven treatment (standard or otherwise) that detoxifies the liver per se (usually a good diet/exercise/removal of offending drugs is the approach). KH

Fat in blood
fatty lumps