sustiva and facial lipodystrophy
May 4, 2002
Response from Dr. Henry
Sustiva has not yet been associated with an increased risk for facial lipoatrophy though many patients have developed lipoatrophy while on Sustuva (usually attributed to other drugs in the regimen). Abacavir also has not been linked to an increased risk of lipostrophy. Stavudine has been linked to increased risk. Your current regimen, since it contains stavudine, certainly could result in lipoatrophy though there isn't much data on that specific regimen in the literature. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Loose Stool An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.