raging diahrea

first, i would like to tell all of you what a great service you are providing.

on to my question. i have been positive a little over 2 years. my current drug regimen consists of ziagen, azt and viramune. my last change was about 3 months ago when i was taken off combivir due to neuropathy from the 3tc and put on ziagen and azt instead. i also was diagnosed with depression about 2 months ago and put on paxil. i am not at 30mg. about 2 months after the hiv change and about a month after being put on paxil i developed raging diahrea. i am going to the bathroom as many as 10 times a day. my stool ranges from muddy to watery. i have had irritable bowel disease since i was a teenager but never anything like this. my doctor is telling me he does not think it is caused by the hiv med change because he beleives the diahrea would have started immediately after the change if it were the cause. my psychiatrist is saying the same thing about the paxil. so i after left with this horrible thing that is not getting better and everyone tells me they don't think it is drug related. i don't see what else it could be. they have taken stool samples and they have come back normal. please, do you have any thoughts that might help. if this is just something i am going to have to live with i wish someone would just tell me. of course i hope there is some relief out there. thank you again very much.

If I were to pick the most likely culprit (assuming there is no new GI infection) I would first go with the Paxil--maybe go off it for several days and observe. If no better then consider switching off the ziagen for 1-2 weeks to get that sorted out. KH

skinny butt with azt?
sustiva /birth defects